Welcome

I'm so glad you're here! This is our story. God has lead us to adoption to build our family and here you will find my real and raw experiences with joys and triumphs as well as struggles and sadness. I hope you're encouraged by our story of God's faithfulness and His love for us!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Those that Wait on the Lord...

Why do you say, O Jacob, and assert, O Israel,

“My way is hidden from the LORD,

And the justice due me [z]escapes the notice of my God”?

28 Do you not know? Have you not heard?

The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth

Does not become weary or tired.

His understanding is inscrutable.

29 He gives strength to the weary,

And to him who lacks might He increases power.

30 Though youths grow weary and tired,

And vigorous young men stumble badly,

31 Yet those who [aa]wait for the LORD

Will gain new strength;

They will [ab]mount up with [ac]wings like eagles,

They will run and not get tired,

They will walk and not become weary.

Isaiah 40:27-31


I feel weary often. I feel like things have been in limbo for so long and sometimes feel like I can't continue, but this passage - no, I didn't post all of it! - reminds me that if I'm leaning on the Lord my strength to continue will be continually renewed and it is! God is faithful!


Just talked to Dora's social worker. I guess she knows what she's going to recommend but she has to tell mom first so she'll be letting me know tomorrow. But she also said that there's a possibility that the hearing will be continued because they all just received the court report today (that she wrote!)or something. We're going to go and assume that it will not be continued and if it is we'll deal with it then. This is no surprise to the Lord. He knew all along this was a possibility and has been asking us to wait but in waiting He is building our faith and our confidence in His plan. Still praying that the hearing goes on as scheduled and praying for that decision that has already been made! I know I have the ability to be anxious about it but what is the point? Thinking about Luke 20:25 right now and remembering that worrying will accomplish nothing but having faith will accomplish much! I'm just praying without ceasing and believing that God has something truly amazing in store that needs this extra time! Please continue to pray! I'm really hoping that things will go on as planned and that the recommendation will be in our favor.


Can you tell I have turkey in the straw playing in the background? I don't feel like I'm writing very clearly right now but I wanted to give you all an update! Cinderella's watching Barney Goes to the Farm and I'm having a tough time focusing with all the racket! Where's my worship music when I need it??? lol! Thank you all for your faithful prayers! I am truly at peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment