Welcome

I'm so glad you're here! This is our story. God has lead us to adoption to build our family and here you will find my real and raw experiences with joys and triumphs as well as struggles and sadness. I hope you're encouraged by our story of God's faithfulness and His love for us!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Away from Me Anxiety!

This morning I woke up anxious. Sigh.. I don't want to be anxious! I want to wake up confident in God's plan for my family. But here I am barely holding it together right now. I've had this wave of nausea since last night because of nerves about next week and I just haven't been able to shake it. I woke up realizing that Dora's social worker hasn't called me back and it's been almost a week. I'm thinking that because she hasn't called me she has bad news (being that they'll be recommending reunification) and she doesn't want to have that conversation with me. So this morning I woke up plagued by doubts and worry - feeling once again that this is a hopeless situation. But the thing that I keep telling myself is "don't underestimate God." Over and over and over again I'm telling myself this. When I'm feeling hopeless and like the world is against me I just need to remind myself that the ONE who matters is NOT against me! He is FOR me! Which brought to mind Romans 8:31 "If God is for us who can be against us" but when I went to read it there was so much more that ministered to my soul!


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. vs. 28


And so much more! It doesn't seem to matter where I'm reading these days. There's something for me everywhere I turn! I hear my kiddoes calling from the bedroom but I'm thankful for a renewed perspective and I'm ready to face the day now. Just keep praying for me folks! We're in the thick of it now and the battles with doubt, fear and anxiety are coming more frequently (as in at least every hour if not several times an hour). They're harder to fight than they've ever been and the tears have started. PLEASE pray for me. I've been able to keep my emotions in check up to this point which helps me to keep perspective. I don't want to give in to the destructive emotions of bitterness, fear and anxiety. I want to rest in God. Find comfort in His Word and live in confidence and it is no easy feat right now. It is a choice. It is sometimes a minute by minute battle and redirecting my thoughts and emotions all day and all night every day and every night. I just can't imagine loosing her...

No comments:

Post a Comment