Welcome

I'm so glad you're here! This is our story. God has lead us to adoption to build our family and here you will find my real and raw experiences with joys and triumphs as well as struggles and sadness. I hope you're encouraged by our story of God's faithfulness and His love for us!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Birthday Party with Mom

I'm sitting waiting for Dora's visit with her mom and then we're having a small party for her birthday. I'm so tired from just getting home from camping last night that I really don't want to be here right now. It was such a struggle to get here this morning I can't even handle the emotions so I guess they're kind of turned off today. Dora went to her happy as a clam buy also was looking hesitantly at me and Cinderella. I'm reminding myself as I write this that when I've been gone for any length of time she comes running to me with arms wide open screaming "Mama, Mama, Mama!!" over and over again. This place just is a sobering reminder that she's not mine. Which then reminds me that neither of my children are "mine" because they belong to the Lord. I need so much grace in this moment! Thankful that i can confidently say that I am never alone. God is always here with me lovingly planning the course of my life for my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment