Welcome

I'm so glad you're here! This is our story. God has lead us to adoption to build our family and here you will find my real and raw experiences with joys and triumphs as well as struggles and sadness. I hope you're encouraged by our story of God's faithfulness and His love for us!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Transition Continues

The girls did great their first night sharing a room! They were both sleeping soundly this morning when I went in to transfer them to the car. When we got to the FM's house she smiled at the FM but again didn't reach for her or anything.

We have a bi-day today, no Dora. As much as we miss having her around it was nice to get things done that have been waiting to be done. Like, pull out Cinderella's clothes from last summer for Dora. She's definitely not lacking in clothing! I think there's enough there for two kids!

I thought I was going to have the morning and afternoon to kind of recoup before having her again overnight, but I got a call this afternoon asking me to take Dora to her SEID appointment where they're testing her hearing. I guess because of her speech delay they want to check it. I doubt there is any major issue because she can hear and respond when spoken to. It will be interesting for sure. Two children two and under, no double stroller yet...

The FM is ready for Dora to just move over here, but I'm really trying to make it through another work week (Tuesday afternoon) if possible. I'm just not ready for a sub at all. Things are so overwhelming right now for me. I'm beyond exhausted and I go crazy just thinking of preparing to be out of work for three weeks. There are so many details to be worked out it is crazy. With Cinderella I had 8 months to prepare for Cinderella's arrival and going out on maternity and with Dora I barely even have 8 days and the majority of that time is being spent focusing on her, not the tasks I need to accomplish! I'm just taking it one moment at a time and praying that it will all work out.

I'm just ready for the transition to be over and to settle into a new normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment