Welcome

I'm so glad you're here! This is our story. God has lead us to adoption to build our family and here you will find my real and raw experiences with joys and triumphs as well as struggles and sadness. I hope you're encouraged by our story of God's faithfulness and His love for us!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Becoming a Family

Day two of having Dora in our home went well! I wonder what she thinks when she see me and if she remembers me. She gave me voluntary hugs and kisses today and came to me right away this morning!!! We had put them in matching dresses yesterday, but today we actually changed her clothes into something that I had bought for Cinderella last summer and for the first time I looked at my girls and saw how they could "look" like sisters and yet look almost nothing alike. But they looked like they belonged together! It's so fun to watch them playing together! Dora isn't very well socialized and does tend to keep to herself. left to her own devices she'd just sit at the little table in the corner doing her own thing. I'm not sure if it's an issue of is being pretty much strangers or of her just not knowing how to be a part if a family.


We took Dora to Contra Loma today for a hike and we pretty much had a perfect morning until naptime hit and we still had the whole second half of the hike left! Really poor timing on my part. I wasn't paying very close attention to the time because we were having so much fun! I quickly whipped up a mei tai yesterday when I realized we would have Dora for our hike. I'm so glad I did! She rode on my back for a while and was really content and then she walked and ran for a long time. When she (and Cinderella) started melting down I put her on my shoulders and she fell asleep right there riding on my shoulders! I moved her to the mei tai and she woke up and then fell asleep against me. Awww... Sweet times. I remember many times like that with Cinderella. Love. Love. Love. Love, love! When we got home she woke up when I laid her down in the crib and she and Cinderella talked and distracted each other and neither ever fell asleep! Fortunately they both handled the lack of sleep well.

We had her till about five so it was a nice long amount of time! We'll have her again tomorrow afternoon. I'm thinking that we'll probably see her every day even though the social worker said twice during the week and on weekends. The FM is eager to let us have her and we're eager to take her! I guess the FM talked with the social worker and we have a tentative move in date of April 14th. We'll see! That's soon! I'm so thankful she's such a great advocate for us and has the same philosophy as we do in this transition time!!! God has really blessed us in being paired with her

No comments:

Post a Comment