Welcome

I'm so glad you're here! This is our story. God has lead us to adoption to build our family and here you will find my real and raw experiences with joys and triumphs as well as struggles and sadness. I hope you're encouraged by our story of God's faithfulness and His love for us!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Big Day's Coming Up!

Well, we are falling into a routine and I'm liking it! Before when Dora would come to visit our daily routine went out the window and that was really tough for me. I've always been a really structured mom and we've been able to be flexible within our routine, but having no routine made me just exhausted! So I'm SO relieved to have figured out how to make Dora's daily needs fit into our family routine, AND we are all thriving.

Wednesday's the big day. Please, please, please, keep us in your prayers between now and then. It's the hearing where the courts are planning to terminate Dora's mom's parental rights. I pushed the SW on Friday to hear from her perspective where things were at. I just wanted her to spell it out for me because they never have. I had made a lot of assumptions about what had happened and where we were in the process and what was going to happen next. I was pretty much right in what I had been thinking, but it was nice to have it spelled out clearly. The SW apparently asked for a continuance at the last hearing because she hadn't identified an adoptive family for Dora, but at the hearing on Wednesday her report and her testimony will be to terminate parental rights and move forward with us adopting her. I had originally wanted to go, but I guess we can't take Dora with us if we go, so I can't see how it would be in Dora's best interest if we go. The SW will fill us in, but I guess I'm just interested in the process. It's probably not as interesting as I think it will be =)

No comments:

Post a Comment