Welcome

I'm so glad you're here! This is our story. God has lead us to adoption to build our family and here you will find my real and raw experiences with joys and triumphs as well as struggles and sadness. I hope you're encouraged by our story of God's faithfulness and His love for us!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Becoming a family of four

Today was a great day in the Hart house. Church was amazing, just what we needed today. God is just so good to us! His Word never grows old or stagnant and it ministers to my soul. It was an extra great day since Jon and Dana were with us. I just love ALL our friends!

Anyway, Dora came over after nap today. It broke my heart when she started crying when I took her from her FM. She had just woken up from her nap and I think she was disoriented and didn't remember who I was. She cried for all of probably 15 seconds, but it felt like forever. It was a hard moment for both the FM and me. She was fine by the time we got to the car and I took my time before getting her in the car. Once we got home she was a little more clingy than normal. She was STARVING and ate a snack while cuddling with me. :) Dora helped me make a batch of brownies and she had a blast! She didn't want stop stirring or eating! It brought such joy to my heart to see her enjoy helping me like Cinderella does. When the brownies were done we went back to snacking and cuddling. It was nice to have some one on one time with Dora without Cinderella and I enjoy the moments with Cinderella without Dora too! So, Cinderella was still asleep when I got home with Dora and once Cinderella woke up chill cuddle time was over and fun play took over. We played inside and then went outside to walk around, ride bikes, power wheels, push shopping cars and strollers... spy on the neighbor's dog. Dora LOVES dogs all of a sudden. When she first came she was afraid of Chloe, but I think since she learned to say the word "Dog" she likes dogs a lot. I think she's just really proud of herself and we're really proud of her too!

When I dropped her off it was the best moment of the day. Weird, right? Here's why. Previously when I've taken her "home" she's been really excited to see the FM smiling, happy, reaching for her. Tonight, she was NOT pleased to see the FM, not upset, just not happy. She wasn't anxious to get down or settle in to "home." I said bye to her and started heading to the door and she lets out a big grunt and came running to me with her arms wide open. She wanted to come with me and was sad I was leaving! This transition time is going to be painful... The FM is pushing to get her placed ASAP because she doesn't want to go on too long with her being confused about what and where home is and who's mom. I honestly think she'd be fine to just move in, but only the social worker can make the call. I plan to call her Tuesday. She's out of the office until then. We'll see what she has to say. I'm sure a visit in our home is going to take place soon...

I'm super tired. I've always thought it was extra tiring to watch kids on someone else's schedule and I'm anxious to see what we settle into a new family of four!

No comments:

Post a Comment