Welcome

I'm so glad you're here! This is our story. God has lead us to adoption to build our family and here you will find my real and raw experiences with joys and triumphs as well as struggles and sadness. I hope you're encouraged by our story of God's faithfulness and His love for us!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Time is a passin'

I feel like the past two weeks have FLOWN by! Between trips to the zoo, Happy Hallow, Fairytale Town, my birthday, Easter, park days, WIC appointments for Dora, Speech Therapy, and daily life, most days pass in the blink of an eye. It's no wonder my cold and lost voice are hanging on so long!

My social worker came out today for a visit with me and to observe how things were going in our house. It's hard for me to imagine that the first go around she seemed like she hated us! This time she has been so positive and so encouraging! I know that the change of heart could only come from the Lord and I'm so thankful! Today she only had positive things to say and was really encouraging that both she and Dora's social worker are really pleased with this placement. It makes me feel so confident that we're right where God wants us to be!

Dora is improving so much! No one can deny her growth and again, it's encouraging to get good feedback from speech therapists. I don't like going to the class, but I do appreciate having them around so that they can watch her blossom too. The other day Dora ate something that was hot and without me telling her it was hot she said "haw" on her own. That's the sort of thing that keeps me going in being diligent to help her with her speech. And then today after I changed her diaper it sounded like she said "thank you" unprompted. These moments are becoming more and more frequent and I'm so thankful for them.

Dora has her first visit with mom since we have had her on the 11th and I'm a little nervous about it. I'm not sure if we'll see her that day or not. I know that I have to take her to the appointment, but I don't know if our paths will cross or not. Part of me really hopes that they do and the other part is nervous to see her. In a sense we are competing for Dora at this point and there's no question who "mom" is at this point and it's not her. I've heard that Dora shows no attachment to her mom at all and while she'll play with her she has no desire to be affectionate with her or any remembrance of who she is when she sees her. She hasn't seen her since March and I anticipate and fight when Dora is taken from me. We'll just have to see how it goes I guess.

I go back to work on Monday :( At least it's only four weeks and then I'm off again. Just got to get through the next few weeks and pray pray pray Bryan is able to secure a full time position by June so that I don't have to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment