Welcome

I'm so glad you're here! This is our story. God has lead us to adoption to build our family and here you will find my real and raw experiences with joys and triumphs as well as struggles and sadness. I hope you're encouraged by our story of God's faithfulness and His love for us!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sisterly love

Today was our longest period of time with Dora to date. I picked her up this morning at 8am and she's here till tomorrow morning. At some point in the morning I have to take her home. :( But, she's with us all weekend! Yay!

This morning I had to take Dora to her hearing test. I guess they were trying to rule out that her speech delay doesn't have anything to do with her hearing. I knew she didn't have any hearing problems, but we went anyway. It was no easy feat! The FM and I both weren't thinking about the fact that I was going to need her mediCal card for the appointment and the FM had a busy morning! She was picking up twin three week old babies in Walnut Creek. We decided that it was best for me to just meet her there to get the card and then go straight from there to the CEID center in Berekley. Well, FM was 35 minutes late but we got there ALMOST on time! I think we were 5 minutes late. So this morning was crazy!

The messes my girls make are just crazy. I feel like I just can't keep up! Even though I do ask them to clean up as they go, they're still faster than I can keep up with and in moments the mess is out again. I think I may give up and clean up at nap and bedtime. It doesn't seem like Dora's been asked to clean up before, but she's doing a great job of contributing to the clean up. I wasn't really able to make a dent until Bryan woke up and helped me. My two hands to their four were just out numbered! Once we got it cleaned up it was much easier to keep up on and have them clean up. I'm pretty sure EVERY toy was on the floor from this morning when I was getting ready!

Cinderella is so sweet. I just love her! This morning Dora wanted to go out on our little balcony. She was starting to throw a fit and Cinderella was trying to help her open the door to go out. Well, by that time Dora was in a pretty good tizzy and pushed Cinderella in her tantrum. Cinderella didn't miss a beat. She said something like "Dora, you just pushed me when I was just trying to open the door for you!" She said it in the sweetest, most patient voice. **sigh** I just love her! Then in the car we were on our way to lunch and I had given them a small snack to hold them over and again Dora was starting to throw a fit and Cinderella says "No Sister, that's all you get!" again in a sweet voice. She seems to understand that Dora is special and part of our family now and she's so loving most of the time. They both have their moments and Cinderella just wants Dora to be comfortable and do all the things that she does. But Dora hasn't been raised in our family and she's doing SO good! The worst fits I've seen from her pale in comparison to some of Cinderella's over the years. They are very short lived and she seems to be correctable and she has a desire to please. I love her too!

I'm excited for the weekend! Placement is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment