Welcome

I'm so glad you're here! This is our story. God has lead us to adoption to build our family and here you will find my real and raw experiences with joys and triumphs as well as struggles and sadness. I hope you're encouraged by our story of God's faithfulness and His love for us!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

We're Officially Waiting!

I talked to our social worker on Tuesday for the first time since we sent in our paperwork. I had been meaning to call for over a week just to make sure that she got it and finally got around to it! I was so surprised by what I heard on the other end. I expected her to have to re-write the report on us, but she said all she had to do was fax on our paperwork and she can start putting us in match meetings immediately! She said that match meetings are typically held on Thursdays, but didn't say if they were every Thursday or how frequently they are held. But, she did say that she would call when we get matched. It's crazy not knowing how long we have or what kind of child to expect. It's so different than when we had Addy. We knew her gender, her due date. We had plans with her birthmother on when we were going to come and where we were going to stay up to her birth and where we were going to stay following her birth, what contact we would have with her after and we knew we would have a great life-long relationship with her! It is a hard thing for me to be planless! I know that we're prepared. We have everything we could possibly need from when Addy was born. It's just hard to prepare my heart with the situation being so up in the air. I AM excited about having another child. Probably more excited for Addy than anyone. She talks about a brother or sister daily and pretends to have one. She is going to be a great big sister! I can't wait to see her have a sibling!

So... let the wait begin. I'm sure my heart will stop when I see our social worker's phone number show up on my caller id!

2 comments:

  1. yey! im so excited for you guys! Addy will be an amazing big sissy! and im so excited you started a blog! yey!

    ReplyDelete