Welcome

I'm so glad you're here! This is our story. God has lead us to adoption to build our family and here you will find my real and raw experiences with joys and triumphs as well as struggles and sadness. I hope you're encouraged by our story of God's faithfulness and His love for us!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Tantalizing Tuesday

Getting a phone call at work from my mom was the last thing I expected. I was expecting it to be our social worker with the address for me so that I could get our paperwork in the mail! Why would my mom be calling me? I started to panic wondering what happened to my child. Visions of her falling off the trampoline and breaking an arm or a head injury were involuntarily dancing through my mind as I heard the voice on the other end telling me that my two year old daughter had stuck a raisin in her nose! Immediately I felt my adrenaline racing, nausea sweeping over my body, as I tried to continue to teach and come up with a plan to be there for my daughter. It was almost recess and we decided that she would bring Addy to me at work so that I could assess the situation. I brought them to my classroom to call the advice nurse and I took a better look, much to the displeasure of my squirmy princess. As I looked up her nose with the assistance of a flashlight there it was... her prized raisin stuck in her nose! So armed with my new information I called the nurse and set up an appointment. Then came the agonizing decision of who was going to take her. I wanted to drop everything and take her myself! The urge to bail was so strong! But taking a deep breath I realized that Grandma and Daddy could handle it and I really needed to save my sick days for when baby number two comes along. Even though it was the right decision it was painful and agonizing, and not the decision I wanted. I know Addy was well taken care of and it was a short appointment. I saw her at lunch and she was happy to see me and boasting of her trip to the hospital!

During all the hospital drama I got that long awaited phone call from our social worker! I answered the phone with a room full of 16, yes 16! Special day students! I heard the first line of the address and then the voice on the other end was gone. Iphones are notorious for dropping calls, which I never experienced till THIS conversation! Of course I couldn't call back! What were my students supposed to do? So again I make the agonizing decision to press on and put my personal life on hold so that I could be the best teacher I could be in that moment. Sigh... will anything go right? I did call back at lunch, voicemail. She called back when I was with students. This time I let her go to voicemail and now the address is safely stored on my phone and on a piece of paper. After waiting for 25 minutes with a student who's parents were late picking him up there was no time to make it to the Post Office, so my precious delivery will have to wait yet another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment